1. Food Additive:- Citric acid is used in food as a flavouring agent and preservative. It is used in processed food products like beverages, soft drinks etc.Due to its sour taste, it is used in making certain candies. Sometimes the sour candy is covered with white powder which is citric acid.To keep fat globules away some ice cream companies use it as an emulsifier.
2. Cleaning Agent:- Citric acid is one of the chelating agents. With the help of citric acid limescale from evaporators and boilers is removed.It is used in soaps and laundry detergents as water are softened by the acid.Household cleaners used in kitchen and bathroom also contain some amount of citric acid.It is not only used as a cleaner but also as a deodorizer.
3. Cosmetics:- Citric acid helps in the removal of dead skin so used for home masks.Improves skin tone and skin growth reducing wrinkles, acne scars etc.To balance the pH levels citric acid is commonly used the ingredient in cosmetics.It is found in hand soap, body wash, nail polish face cleansers, shampoos and some other cosmetics products.
4. Water Softener:- Citric acid is used as a water softener in detergents, because of it’s an organic acid, chelating, and buffering properties.The chemical properties of citric acid as a weak organic acid make it a strong softener for water.It operates by breaking down the trace quantities of metal discovered in water, making it an optimal all-natural option for hard water treatment.
5. Industrial Uses:- Industrial uses of citric acid include detergent manufacturing, electroplating and leather tanning. Citric acid is also used as a preservative for stored blood and a buffer and antioxidant in the pharmaceutical and cosmetic industries.
Someone recently boughtfromBaroda, Gujrat10 minutes ago
Someone recently boughtfromSurat, Gujrat45 minutes ago
Someone recently boughtfromChennai, India19 minutes ago
Someone recently boughtfromIndore, Madhya Pradesh27 minutes ago